5.28.2008

Monday, 26 May: EU and the Council of Europe

10:30 - 12:00 we met at the classroom and listened to a lecture about European institutions with a very colorful, Pr. Pierre Nuss. We ate lunch at a local Doner and at 2PM we paid a visit to Council of Europe with Professor Nuss.

Our group of nine students accompanied a group from West Virginia U. The architecture was very beautiful in all of the buildings in the area we visited but the tour we had at the Council of Europe was long winded and I might have dozed off a time or two in the hot room. All in all I was interested for about 8 minutes of the 2 hour trip.

Afterwards we took a walk through the Orangerie Park, very popular in Strasbourg. There was a small zoo with exotic animals and concrete ping-pong tables. I most enjoyed my talk with Nuss about his home town. He resides in Molsheim, home of the Bugatti Veyron - most expensive car in the world.


The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 is currently the most powerful, most expensive, and fastest street-legal production car in the world, with a proven top speed of over 400 km/h (408 km/h or 254 mph). It only costs about $1.6 million U.S.

Back to Monday... or early Tuesday morning - Beau, Danny, Ross and I headed out to Zanzibar again... I stopped for one of the best Doner's I've had since I've been here and then we poked our heads in Irish Times for a little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get back online now