6.02.2008

Wednesday, 28 May: Wine Tasting

10:00: Centre Classroom, French/Alsatian History
Lunch in between.
2:45: Visit of Cave Historique for Wine Tasting

For lunch I ate some Wok-Thai, a popular spot for Centre students because it's right across the street from our classroom and then Rob and I ventured into a completely different atmosphere on the same street - dropping 8 Euro for some delicious chocolate moose - the best I've had... pic below:
Wednesday we stayed here in Strasbourg and did something pretty incredible. At a local hospital - where donations of vineyards and other possessions were once given as a way to pay for medical bills there is a basement housing the oldest wine in a barrel - in other words it is the oldest wine in the world that is not a thousand leagues under the sea. So I got to sniff wine from 1472, if I would have drank it it would have literally killed me or came close. Our kind and comedic guide, who is pictured below discussing one of the large under-ground barrels of wine, was Phillipe Junger.


Wednesday night the girls finally made their ever-promised meal for us. Chocolate pancakes and eggs that were good, but I was still starving so a few of us went over to the pizzeria near Boux I have mentioned before and I enjoyed a Calzone.

No comments: